Sunday, August 19, 2012

Moving.


Pepper has declared the house hers. Of course. 
As this apartment is now under her rule, every inch of it is literally littered with her treasures. 

Remember how much she loves garbage or things that should be garbage? 

An apartment covered with "Pepper treasures" basically means an apartment covered in torn up pieces of toilet paper, plastic wrappers, styrofoam bits, socks...and all of our non-garbage, little, fun things that she has claimed as well.

If we move anything she considers hers, she gets very upset. Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine! Put it back, I'm saving it! 
This makes cleaning up very tricky. 
It doesn't help that she thinks the broom is a foe she'd love to fight any day of the week. 

Under our bed is her favorite hoard-base. She found a ball of yarn last week, took it under the bed, and chased it around for three days. Our bed legs are now entangled in about 30 feet of white strands. I thought I'd collect it before I attempt to vacuum. She saw it moving and we began a tug of war which I would say I won, but now that I'm looking around, the pile of yarn is not where I put it....

In order to untangle the yarn I spent a lot of time on my hands and knees peering under the bed to see what besides her claws it was caught on. I found more of her acquired treasures. Both of my chapsticks. The tie for my bathrobe. All of my ribbons. A bunch of jewelry. Some clothes and socks. Pens. Bobby pins. Lots of strips of paper and toilet paper roll centers. 

She's now running around like a crazy kitten, ready to jump in my face if I try to steal anything else. 

At least she's still afraid of the vacuum.

No comments: