Saturday, August 18, 2012

How We Did Sunday 7.8.12


We usually wake up around 8am 
and fool around with the idea of getting out of bed.

This morning, by the time we did, we were definitely going to be late for church, but hey we weren't scheduled to teach nursery today so we're ok!

We have a lovely time at church, Tommy whispers funny remarks into my ears throughout our combined lessons, we hold hands, give kisses, we're in love : )

He sketches up an awesome floor plan for our future three story house complete with turret and wrap around porch cause my baby loves me, and we remember how amazingly long the Spirit of God is. It took us 7 minutes to sing! I am bouncy happy by this point because we're at church and it's sunday and the spirit is strong and we're at the beginning of a whole day of celebrating being a family together and thinking about all of the wonderful blessings in our lives!

[I am either ecstatically happy by the end of church, moody and hungry, or bored and tired.]

After church we pick up leftover beans, rice and tortillas from the stake activity yesterday and giggle all the way home about free lunch! Tommy fries up the tortillas and heats up each concoction of beans and rice, first separate so we can taste and then we tweak and we mix and I bust out the lettuce and cheese and we eat mini burritos to our hearts content while we finish watching Mary Poppins. 

I fall asleep just as Mr. Banks is entering the bank to get sacked and have a life-changing realization that he hasn't been a good father but that his life is actually wonderful and he's going to finally see his beautiful family that has been just past the end of his nose this whole time. 

I wake up to "Let's go Fly a Kite", the movie ends and my husband kisses my sleepy  forehead and says "happy napping, I'm going to go wash the dishes". (This sort of lullaby is what warrants sleeping with a smile on one's face), and I sink off to a wonderful nap that lasts four hours. Of course. 

Around 5:15pm I realize I'm hot and the clothes they are trying to fit me into are too big and I roll off the couch onto the cool floor and wake up the rest of the way. I watch my man who is still in the kitchen putting away the clean, dry dishes and making a parfait to snack on while listening to his book on iphone. I love love love him don't you know. 

I follow him to our bed where we snuggle and talk about my dreams and he feeds me parfait, and soon he's finally taking his sunday nap : ) Pepper lets me know that she wants a nap time too and snuggles into me and my book I'm now reading (of course lying on the paragraphs I've just gotten to) and I think to myself "This is the best. I love how we do sundays, and it's not even over yet".

No comments: