Friday, August 17, 2012

Dumps of Pepper: July 9th




Pepper is everywhere
You know that suddenly mobile stage when kids go from crawling to walking and every mother is suddenly wondering how her baby-proof house suddenly  became terribly un-toddler proof? 
Well, we have arrived. Pepper is currently sitting on top of my head. 
She climbed up my back. Have your children done that?! I didn't think so. 

Two days ago I found her perched at my eye level on top of our hanging cloth shelves in the closet. Ever since she conquered this 5 foot vertical challenge, she has been going crazy. She climbs up our closet all the time now and took an interesting walk last night along the top of my hanging clothes just by walking from hanger top to hanger top. If my clothes were any lighter, she'd have tanked but lucky her she's only had 30ish cans of cat food in the past few weeks. Another couple weeks and she'll be too big. 

After meeting with such success walking on top of my half of the closet, she decided to try out Tommy's side of the closet. It was much more entertaining for us spectators on the bed because Tommy does not have as many items of clothing as I do. Shocker I know. His hangers therefore do not create a solid cat-road, but instead a hole-filled one. She started falling about ten shirts in and slowly slid down one of his white dress shirts, claws fully extended. I haven't checked the damage on it yet but I'm sure church next sunday is going to be interesting : ) 

Pepper is also currently in love with our windowsills. We have two windows in this place and they are both open all the time. It's super exciting. They both present challenges however. One window almost always has the curtain closed over it, and the other almost always has the blinds down. So far she has had more success with the blinds as she has found she can nose a whole between the slats and squeeze the rest of her body through fairly easily. 

She'll stay hidden behind those blinds for quite a while thinking she's completely incognito while we watch her tail sticking out in full view flicking back and forth : ) My favorite thing thus far was when she found her tail flicking about on the outside of the blinds and tried to catch it. She pretty much got really tangled and it didn't last long. But boy oh boy did we love watching!


No comments: