Friday, August 17, 2012

Honey Funnies


Where I highlight my glorious husband and how wonderful and often hilarious it is to live with him! ~


[April 29th, 2012]

t ~
"One of the reasons I'm excited to make chili is this!"

*points to our biggest pot*

"We haven't used it yet! And I'm going to christen it with chili!!"


*carly laughs and types away.*

t ~
"Are you writing it down?!"



[May 22nd, 2012]

My birthday is tomorrow and my Tommy hates surprises. Giving them and getting them. 

I found this out the first christmas I knew him when he bought his lovely sister Windy a red bathrobe. He seemed completely confident she'd love it, but then wanted to consult me about every present idea he had for me. Presents are supposed to be surprises! I told him he needed to just get me something he thought I would like, I couldn't peek at my presents early or hand-pick my own out for him. 
"You did just fine with Windy's present!" I remember saying. 
He replied, 
"...That's because she picked it out. I already knew she'd love it." 

~ 4-5 years later ~

My birthday is tomorrow. He approaches me saying...

t ~
 "Carly, I'm really bad with surprises..."

I laugh, "Tommy, do you want to tell me something?"

t ~
 "I got us candles."

c ~
 "ooooo, cake candles or sexy candles?!"

t ~
 "I'm not telling.  
                ...Turn around."

*turns me around so I'm facing the living room and then proceeds to open the drawer directly behind me that is very squeaky and full of plastic bags that crackle.*

c ~
 "Wow Babe, did you hide them in that drawer?" I say laughing and laying on the sarcasm.

t ~
 "ta-da!"

c ~ *turns around and gasps*
 "YAY!!!"

They are candles to make our apartment smell like fresh linen!!! And they really do smell like fresh laundry!

c ~
"I knew it! I knew I smelled fresh laundry when I came home but I searched every outlet for a scented plug in and couldn't find one!"

t ~
"I was testing it out earlier..."

----

Tommy and I were sharing a bowl of soup over a chat in the kitchen.

He offered me the last bite and I took it thinking, "He's so sweet, I wanna kiss him!"

but then I thought better of it, as my mouth was full of soup.

I kissed him 30 seconds later instead. 



t ~ *rolls his eyes*

 "You and your premeditative kissing."



c ~

 "Yep babe, I think about it."



t ~

 "...you didn't get what I said at all did you."



c ~

 "You said 'you and your premeditative kissing'."



t ~

 "...oh.



that's not what I meant..."



[June 1st, 2012]

c ~
"If I were an animal, what would I be?"

t ~
*immediately*
"Monkey."

c ~
"that was fast. why?"

t ~
"because you're my little monkey."



[June 13th, 2012]
[after competition and not much sleep for several weeks esp. the previous few days]



t ~
 "Carly, do you know what you should do?"

c ~
 "What."

t ~
 "Make me milk-chocolate."

c ~
 "...You mean chocolate milk?"

t ~
 "My brain hurts."



I love him.


1 comment:

Windy Dawn said...

Yay! I love these.
(and I still love that red fuzzy robe! I have such good tastes ;)