Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fall Experiment

It all started with gestational diabetes

It always does, doesn't it? Someone says their mother had gestational diabetes so they cut out sweets for 2/3 of their pregnancy just in case and the Child Development Major in the room who, contrary to popular belief, did not study 4 years of "how to become a birthing machine" sits there thinking:


"Gestational diabetes? That's a thing? Crap."

I'm not prepared for that! Maybe I should practice living life without sweets now so that if Gestational Diabetes rears it's ugly head when it actually matters, I will know I can keep living without chocolate chip cookies and bananas splits because hey. I've done it already! 

I'll just nix the desserts.

...And soda.

and chips and pizza are pretty junky too and I don't really like them anyway.

And come to think of it, I really need to cut down on my breads, so no crackers. Lets do pasta/bread sparingly.

And I'm really liking alternative milk options right now, so I'll do those all the time.

And I've been eating too much peanut butter. Gotta cut down. 

And fried things really aren't that healthy so no more breaded fish etc.

And hot dogs and burgers can go.


There! Great! That'll pretty much cover...lots of stuff...maybe I should make a list of what I CAN eat. 

And it went on like this Nakies. This plot to ruin my own life.

Do I take breaks for holidays? Would it make me sick to gorge for a day? Probably. 

You get the idea. 

So here it is: 

I will be abstaining from or significantly reducing the aforementioned sweets/junky/nutritionless foods until Thanksgiving. At which point I will take stock of the effects and decide if I want to keep it up or whatnot. 

Meanwhile, it is now two weeks in to this thing and ALL I WANT are sweets/junky/nutritionless foods. I mean, to insane proportions. I crave dessert more times per day than I think I have ever eaten it to begin with. How is that logical?

And then three days ago, I got a pinterest. (Don't look it up, it's not very fun yet.) 
And guess what nakies:



Pavlova. 

Heaven on a cake stand.

Yep. It's a thing!

And no one
from Australia, New Zealand or anywhere else, 
told me about it three weeks ago when they should have!


So, I don't care what happens on Thanksgiving, there will be pavlova. 


No comments: