Friday, August 17, 2012

(July 17th) So....


...Pepper fell in the toilet. 


Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard because this has been a long time coming. Plus her shocked little "mews" were pretty funny. Yes darling, there is water in there. You've been staring at it and circling it for about a week now. 

Here's a fact for you: Pepper loves toilet paper. 

So when we willingly put toilet paper in this big, porcelain thing, she gets intrigued. Crazy intrigued. 

Every time I go to the bathroom she rushes in and proceeds to scope out the situation. "What'cha doing Carly?", "Where's the toilet paper going?", "Let me see if I can catch it and rip it out of your hands before you continue putting good toilet paper down in that white thing!". 

I've pretty much won this game every time. Thank you, thank you. So as the loser she gets up on the toilet seat afterwards and circles. She peers inside. She wobbles on that slick smooth surface. I watch her and think, you crazy girl, you're going to fall in. She continues to search. She'll reach a paw down under the seat and feel around. She sniffs. Where is that confounded toilet paper! I know you put it in here. 


Today was different. 


Today I wasn't going into the bathroom to even use the porcelain Toilet Paper Snatcher. I was going in there to throw away my tissue in the garbage. Pepper noticed that tissue and that I was on the move and she ran to follow me. And just as I was tossing it into the trash can, she leaped onto the toilet to see where this precious tissue was going to go, and just continued sliding. 

Right into the middle of quite a large splash in fact. 

She was shocked. And beside herself. And wet from her waist down. 

So I picked her out of the toilet while laughing and telling her she was alright. Put her in the sink, grabbed a towel and started drying her down and wringing out her little feet.

Then I wrapped her up and we cuddled and she purred. 


9:07 am and already an eventful morning : ) 

Bath time has been bumped up to tonight.

No comments: