Sunday, May 13, 2012

"My Momma's So Awesome...." Day



It always creeps up on me.

But the ads for 
flowers and chocolate covered strawberries 
spring up like warning bells
and remind me every year about 7 days in advance.

This mothers day I am married, 
(a.k.a. "stuck in an adult ward")
but haven't started growing any people yet.
And yet I still get chocolate at church!
Score!

Tommy made me mashed potatoes
(consumed too quickly to snatch a picture, Nakies you understand).

And cream of celery soup from scratch.
Apes, you may be thinking "Ew, Tommy, celery?"
But it was delicious. 
I was supremely impressed. 

I ate so much I got unbelievably full and fell into a food coma
like unto thanksgiving.
SO GOOD.





Then I decided I wanted cake.

I wanted to bake a cake.

From scratch.


Nakies,
 Once upon another time,
Carly baked a cake from scratch
and it turned out so dense
that she could have killed someone with it
if she'd dropped it off her balcony.

She, and all the fair maidens,
had to eat it by putting each piece in a glass of milk
to coax it down their throats.

This time was much better.
: )

I even invented a topping.
Involving banana slices and brown sugar goodness.


Sweet sweet sweet.


Then Tommy and I rebuilt the Capital Building.
No big deal.



Except it has a lot of windows.


Check out that smile!


Under belly work, almost done....


Ta da!


Yeah, this is just me. 
Proof Nakies, proof.
I helped. 
Plus, that's my leg up there.



And then I stole the pictures off of Tommy's camera 
and blogged so much I think I'm good for 3 months.
Maybe?
No?


Well, Happy Mother's Day to me, I have the best husband ever : )

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Ladies!!


1 comment:

Juli Heintz White said...

This makes me happy that you are so happy. Happy Capitol Building. Happy Cake. Happy Steinkuhlers. Love you,
Mom