Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 Day Challenge

Day 3: Most Embarrassing Moment

With a history like mine,
it's hard to pick just one.

One experience of horrifying embarrassment
that surpasses all the others.

I had to call my friend Becca,
to think back upon my clumsy life
for the one.


I believe the summer of 2010 takes the cake.

I wanted to go on a weekend trip to Utah
and a wonderful guy from my ward let me ride in his car
with several other people needing rides.

On the trip back to Rexburg....

I was on my period.

And I tend to fall asleep during long car rides.
[Every car ride over 20 minutes.]

This was during the time I was wearing pads
and you really have to change those.
And I slept through the time when I should have changed mine.

In fact I didn't wake up until we arrived back in Rexburg.
4 Hours Later.

I was dropped off first.
I got up out of his cloth passenger seat,
collected my things
and,
 as my mother always taught me,
I looked back at my seat.

I'd left something.

Red
Big
Ingrained.

I can't remember what shape it was,
maybe a butterfly,
but I do remember the horrifying realization
that I had to tell the guy.
Who was currently carrying all of my bags up to my apartment. 
Because he was top notch nice, nakies. 

He wouldn't even let me clean it up myself.
Which made me feel even worse.


Don't bleed on other peoples vehicles Nakies.





3 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

That is seriously a top notch story.

Windy Dawn said...

BWAH HA HA! I had to share this with my roommate, which then ensued a few stories of our own...

carleen marie said...

Thanks Jessica : )

I'm glad it inspired a good sharing fest Windy Dawn!!