Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We Like Aplysia, Squid, And Starfish...


Are spineless. 


[that was a simile sort of "like". not that I don't love sea hare.]

We are the onsite managers of an apartment complex that doesn't allow pets and we bought a kitten. This is very irresponsible! Horrible example to our tenants and friends. I mean, we're really asking for everyone to follow in our footsteps and get lizards, dogs, tarantulas...

But, we are in love with our kitten! Now I can't imagine giving her up or giving her back or not just being overjoyed that she's part of our family. She is adorable. Really, really adorable! 







We spent the first evening together and she slept almost the whole time. I think she does what I do, if she doesn't particularly like a situation, she sleeps through it hoping it will have passed by the time her nap is over. Eventually she woke up, and ate almost a whole can of cat food, licked tentatively at her water and thought the litter "platter" was weird and messy. (All we could find to use amongst our dishes was a glass, round serving tray which you can admire in the picture).

Tommy gave her a bath (which she hated!) and I've never seen anything look so miserable and pathetic. We wrapped her in a big, soft, clean towel and snuggled with her until she fell asleep. I could tell she wanted to purr but also didn't because she was still so mad about the bath. 




That night we slept with her on the other side of Tommy at first then she woke up and he rolled over and put her inbetween us. Then he fell back asleep and she came over with me eventually. She was so cute. She wanted to play! She wanted to gnaw on my fingers and hands and turn my hard thumb nail into soft fur by preening it with her teeth. She gave my hand a bath, caught my face with her soft soft paws and loved touching my cheeks and mouth while we just gazed at each other so happy to be awake at five AM having fun cuddle time together. 

Tommy got up and took her to the litter dish. Picked up her front paws and started working them through the litter sand pawing one and then the other so she could get a feel for it. Then he let her go, and she continued on by herself getting used to the idea that this was a good place. She went pee and poop in the litter dish on her very first try! We were so proud! We pet her and held her and told her what a good girl she was. She gave us looks like "Calm down guys, it's no big deal. I'm awesome, I know. Let's get out of the kitchen and do stuff."

So we did : )



No comments: