Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Adventuresome Travels

"Molly died."

...too depressing?

"We had car trouble and it didn't end."

still a little downtrodden don'cha think?

"God blessed us a whole bunch and Tommy and I were reunited in Utah"


We'll start there.


My plane was scheduled to fly to SLC friday night and arrive around 10:30pm

Tommy was scheduled to drive to SLC from Rexburg and pick me up.

And we would be reunited!
And spend the weekend with his family!
And see Jon!
And go to the fairy party!


However, when I arrived at the airport in SeaTac,
I noticed the computer said my flight was delayed when I was getting my boarding pass.
I asked the attendant about it, 
and she checked and said it was on time.

Sweet!

I double checked the big screen arrival/departure schedules
and it said "on time" as well.

So I went to my gate and found out my flight was delayed.

Originally 4 hours delayed

Now only 2 1/2 hours delayed.


So I called Tommy. 
He didn't answer.

I figured he was busy driving and didn't notice the phone buzzing.
I had a fleeting thought of what if he got in a wreck and he's in an ambulance and my next call is going to be from the police. 

Rational. I know.

My next call was from my mom.
she said Tommy was fine but having "car trouble".

He'd called my dad to ask him some questions about it.


Turns out Molly had bad oil.
Turns out her whole engine was ruined by this bad oil.
Turns out Tommy needed a tow truck.

Blessing #1:
Tommy's parents have a Triple A membership.

Blessing #2:
They recently moved to Utah. And were willing and able to come get him
and help us out.

Blessing #3:
Their membership is really good. And they've had it a really long time. 
They were able to pull some favors and ask Triple A to take care of our car 
on their membership.

which included a 100 mile free tow!

Blessing #4:
Tommy was 98 miles from where we wanted the car to be in Utah.

Blessing #5:
Windy Dawn is a thinker. 
She figured out the time it would take Tommy and the car to get to West Jordan,
and that he wouldn't get there in time to borrow a family car and pick me up from the airport.

Blessing #6:
Sandie was willing and able to pick me up from the airport at 1am in the morning.

Blessing #7:
Tommy and his parents and Molly got back safely,
they picked me up from Merry's house,
& drove us to their house.

Blessing #8:
They gave us one of their cars to use for as long as we needed it.

Blessing #9:
Jon and Aubrey let us crash at their place all weekend
even though we got there around 4:30 in the morning!


The blessing list goes on and on but I'll stop there. We have wonderful family who are willing to give great advice from hundred of miles away, pick us up, make sure we are safe and take care of and who love love love us all the time.

I love our family.


r.i.p. Molly
you were our first car
and we loved you! 



Best travel car. (usually)
Best drive-in movie car. (always)

Lots of great memories!
Thanks for getting us around and not minding the mess.


No comments: