Monday, October 5, 2009

taking it to the next level

I've decided blogging has more to offer than I previously supposed. Similar to ironing. May take a little extra effort, but the end result is satisfactory. Who doesn't love putting on a crisp, warm, freshly ironed shirt? Don't clothes seem happier when they're taken care of? Almost excited for you to wear them. Yeah, I know inanimate objects can't experience feeling. Go watch toy story. Punch a stuffed animal. And tell me you don't feel a slight tinge of guilt.

World, it is one of those nights. I have a getting-ready-for-bed schedule, and don't want to do any of it. Wash face, floss, brush teeth, change into pj's, exercise, read scriptures, pray, play music, sleep. I'm not writing a letter I've been planning for a week, trying on my dress, reading jamo's poetry, painting, studying, or reading my new stack of delectably old books. Instead, I'm skipping away the minutes reading others blogs, adding to my own and successfully failing to allow my youtube music playlists to play consecutively.

My problem is I'd like to do too much. And it's past 1 am. Which means the only thing I should be doing is sleeping. And it is extremely tempting to simply sink under my downy comforter and blankets, onto my spacious bed and pillows, and give in to the dreaming that calls me.

I'm a junior in college. Yet I'm procrastinating getting ready for bed like any sane 7 year old. Do so often in fact. I hate relinquishing my treasured night to something as mundane as bodily needs for sleep. Perhaps I do need to be taken care of. Someone to nudge me in the direction of sanity, clean teeth, and adequate sleep. Will I ever grow up? Hm, wrong question. I don't believe growing up constitutes growing into living alone. I am a person much too in love with people to ever want to be without them for too long. We are People. Loneliness is not in our nature. I need my people.

Ah. Now I've been in bed throughout all of the writing, resolving that I will get up and get ready once I'm done.
But my cat just jumped on top of my comforter-covered-legs, stretched out, and went to sleep.
I'm never getting up now.


green pickle signing out--
sleep well World

p.s. I'm going to have to think of a nickname for you. W for world. E for Earth... or Earthlings. U for you. Dear thesaurus and dictionary.com, I'm coming to visit you soon.

No comments: