Sunday, July 4, 2010

We Escaped!!

Naked Apes, Alisa and I did it. We splurged, escaped the Burg and lived like Queens in Coeur d'Alene.

Which is French for heart of....Alene. I have no idea who Alene is. But let me tell you, her heart is beautiful.



We went to that hotel resort/spa castle awesomeness. It was gorgeous. Alisa and I went out to dinner once we'd checked in [p.s. Just driving around looking for a place to eat is a bad idea when all you have in the car is a girl who always gets lost and pulls a lot of U-ies, and an indecisive girl who is cranky due to lack of food.] Wow that tangent was so long I forgot what I was mentioning dinner for..

Anyway, despite the grandeur of the location, it was really hard to be mentally "on vacation". I thought it would be hard because I have mass amounts of homework to do in the next three days [major stress of the moment], but it turned out to be difficult because Tommy was on the brain because I found out exactly when he's getting home plus Coeur D'Alene looks exactly like Snoqualmie as far as landscape goes. And we took I-90 to get there, so everything looked like home and all I wanted to do was drive 5 more hours and be home. The last few weeks of the semester are brutal, especially this semester. So much to do, so little time.


Anyway, Highlights of the trip were:

- the valet's had knee high argyle socks. Not as cool as yours Jamo, but they tried : )
- we walked past the posh, dimly lit dining room and realized we were old enough to sit at the bar : )
- I had my first vanilla bean frappuccino from Starbucks. SO good.
- our room had huge movable shutters in front of the windows and the windows opened up onto a rooftop overlooking the lake. I'm a sucker for shutters. I'm a sucker for windows opening out onto rooftops. Yeah, of course I'm a sucker for lakes too.
- I got slightly sea sick while sitting in a booth at outback steakhouse haha I fell over.

and then the top two I'm not sure which one wins:

- I discovered that I can shoot a fine yet hearty spray of water through my straw [approximately two feet wide] by sucking some water up my straw, holding it there with my tongue and then forcefully blowing it out on Alisa Grace's face/entire person when she was sitting across from me in the booth at Outback. Awesome: YES. Hilarious the way a small child biffing it is hilarious: Definitely : ) I think I laughed for ten minutes at least..good thing she's a good sport and supported my gutsy experimenting.

- In casual conversation as I was enjoying a massage, I assumed my Masseuse was gay when she mentioned she had a "partner". I asked what her name was. All she said was:

"It's a he."

I didn't laugh. I started mentally gnawing on my foot and making notes to myself about the possibilities for the word "partner" and thinking how when Woody says partner you always know what he means. Those were the days.


Short story before I peace out:

When booking our room the lady asked me if we wanted two queen size beds in our room or one. Confused, I hesitantly asked "Is there a difference in price?"
She answered "Not at all".

What what what what what?!!?!?! Who in their right mind would want one?! Even if you were married! PARTY!!!

"Oh we'll definitely be wanting two."


MOR-al'S for you Naked Apes:

make gutsy experiments.
the yellow pages are your friend.
choose your college wisely, it'll help make staying worthwhile.
don't assume.
stick to the left if you're going slow on the freeway it makes everyone really happy...note the sarcasm in my voice apes.
and
don't be afraid to run away to find your true calling of being a princess.



this could be you ~



ah beautiful.

1 comment:

Melanie Beth said...

maybe we should run away and be princesses together. i would like that... also, startbucks vanilla frappucino is the BEST