Tuesday, July 13, 2010

FINAL ATTACK

Proof we've been attacked and mutilated by finals:


- I did a full errand run, got back and realized my fly was unzipped. Not that unusual I know, but it was the end of the day this time.

- I wear sweats all the time except for the 2-3 hours a day when I'm in class. And when I decide to run errands with my fly down.

- I literally do not have time to do Yoga. Which is only two hours a week.

- Yet I still procrastinate. As you see me here.

- All of my poems have been depressing for the past three weeks. But they are actually good so I'm alright with that.

- I've been sleeping with my calculator, books and computer in my bed for about a month. I don't have space for this kind of company.

- I've given up on laundry. Thus I have no top sheet on my bed.

- This is literally what I look like right now.

- I've had a headache for about a week. It goes away whenever I dedicatedly procrastinate my school work.

- My phone is dying. I think it has a stress induced illness that it got from my contagious stressed-out brain every time I've talked on the phone in the past two weeks.

- I need my nap every day and if I try to stay awake through the 3-5pm period, I fall asleep doing whatever I was doing trying to stay awake.

- I'm writing this because my brain has completely stopped processing schoolwork. I don't think I've blinked in the past 50 seconds.

- Every time someone leaves the house, we've started saying "i love you" and "good luck".

- My apartment has resorted to childhood comforts. Sleep overs. Large coloring books. Bubbles. Chalk. Sugar Cereals. Pancakes, ice-cream or pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack.

- Becca is so stressed she shampooed her hair twice the other day because she was so distracted she couldn't remember whether she'd done it already. Two Weeks Notice anyone?

- I stare at a picture of Jesus to get me through my math class. It helps.

- Today I wanted to climb inside our freezer and just cry.


Oh and for the past few hours our sky has progressively exploded. We just found out it is due to a forest fire in Rigby, the town south of us.

It currently looks like this except ten times more colorful:




when I first saw the sky, before we had any inclination about what it might be, my first thought was:

'I hope it's the second coming so that I don't have to live through the next week and three days.'

1 comment:

Becky said...

Carly! I am so sad for you now... come visit me and Jameson. After the 25th we will have 2 bedrooms, so you can stay over and escape (say it like in nemo). Let me know if we can do anything for you! Like... send Becca more shampoo.