Wednesday, April 18, 2012

6 AM Is No Time For Pictures

Once upon a time,

my dear friend Janell Hunt completed a work out program called "Insanity".

And she posted her accomplishment on facebook and said she was in "the best shape of her life".

Which sounds really spectacular, don't you think?


I thought to myself, I am 22 years old! I should be in the best shape of my life!


So I scouted it out, and it was expensive, and the reviews on amazon said it was hard, hard, hard.

But I was emboldened yet. My knees aren't deteriorating! My heart is strong! I eat cheerios!


Plus the overweight man who reviewed the program on amazon was dedicated and he sweated through insanity TWICE. And his determination was outright moving. I would do the whole thing just for him. Whoever he is.


For four months, I waited. Looking for a good deal. But more importantly, looking for a job.


Then I got a job and two weeks ago....a GREAT deal was found!


Becca was a champ to go with me to pick it up from some {really ripped} dude I found on Craigslist.
[It was broad daylight, in the middle of a well-trafficked parking lot, don't you nakies worry.]

Becca said the transaction was akin to a dope deal haha...the guy had a whole bunch of the dvd's and had apparently set up appointments with several people other than me. Folks were pulling up all over the place to cash in and get exercising.

But I didn't ask questions. I had mine! And it was legit! The ticket to the Best Shape of My Life!


I returned from Alisa Grace's wedding on Saturday night, and the program has you start on a Monday so 6AM this Monday morning; I started.

First day, is the Fit Test. Which they don't grade you on...but I definitely flunked.

7 minutes in I almost puked in our sink that doesn't have a disposal. Ew.

My mind felt competent, I could do those moves! But my body started a teenage rage speech..

"You woke me up at 6 AM!
You haven't fed me breakfast!
Where's my chocolate milk and my warm shower?
You don't understand me at all!
Why don't you stop and let me climb back in bed with Tommy?
You're ruining my life!!"


I said,
Tomorrow will be better...our overweight man friend on amazon [who I will now be calling Paulie Chrysanthemum] did it!
We can do it!

And my body said,
...Fine.
But if that stupid chick on the videos keeps acting downright perky like she eats Insanity for desserts and vacations, I'm going to punch her.

I said,
Deal. She is annoying.


~ Two Days Later ~ ~ ~

I am currently on day 3 of the work outs, and I know I won't give up in the next 64 days. I love the progress I am making! I didn't even fast forward through anything today! ; )

Stairs and I are not friends right now though.

I limp up and down them like a wounded kangaroo.



p.s. Gareth, who used to work where I work, said talking to yourself is normal. But if you answer yourself out loud, you are mentally crazy.

I told him prove it.

I only answer myself in writing...

1 comment:

The Bergeron Family said...

My husband just started insanity...puken on day 1...the fitness test. Apparently it was because he didn't eat anything befohand. I started a biggest looser DVD, but after reading this you give me the urge to to insanity as well.