Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Don't Especially Like Pumpkin Pie

at least, I don't think I do. It's been too long since I ate pumpkin pie though so it is impossible to tell.

However, once upon a time, I heard of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And just the thought of it sounded amazing.

So amazing that when I was offered pumpkin chocolate chip bread I took it assuming it would taste delicious, with a certainty almost as if I'd actually had pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and knew they were, in fact, amazing; therefore every reincarnation of pumpkin and chocolate chip was bound to be likewise. I ate that bread and I was right; it was delicioso. Especially good with a light spread of cream cheese. Great Harvest Bread Co. Opens at 7 am. end of plug.

Which brings us to now. Now being after I've made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the first, second and third time, eaten other peoples pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and in essence fallen in love with them.

They get softer after you bake them as the time passes. As the days pass. NO OTHER COOKIE I'VE EVER EATEN DOES THIS!

They are magic. And I have decided I could eat them and eat them and eat them. Like pita chips. Like veggie trays surrounding excellent dressing dip. Like real fruit smoothies.

Except they are undeniably less nutritious than all of those things. Yet so stinking good.



Happy Christmas Nakies : )

guess what?
I'm know what I'm getting you for christmas : )

[figuratively speaking of course]
[you'll just have to wait till christmas to come here and see what you got..]
[and no, I probably won't have time to get online on christmas day. But you shouldn't have time to check then either so we're good.}

2 comments:

Becky said...

They are indeed quite delicious! I wish I knew how the got softer... it just... never ends. BTW, if you are searching for more pumpkin, I have a killer pumpkin spice cupcake with white chocolate frosting recipe.

carleen marie said...

oooo that sounds amazing! I'd love it! Thanks Becky : )