Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Mano a Mano"

Tommy says this is what you say when you're about to fight a dastardly fiend. I would add that your eyebrows should be furrowed menacingly below a black cap and you should be of mexican or spanish decent so you sound legit using spanish phrases. Basically it would be best if you were

Zorro

or Puss in Boots from Shrek


...either way I guess you have to be Antonio Banderas.

Anyway Nakies, today I discovered the answer to two questions. Both of which I have harbored for quite sometime.

1. Do I have a Spleen?
2. If so, why, where, why haven't I ever encountered it before...?


Today I discovered my spleen. It's been saying hello for the past few days, I just didn't realize what it was. So today it decided to show me all of it's ninja moves and then challenge me to a duel!

I said 'ow', went back to bed, and eventually went to the doctor.

After a blood and urine test and x-rays (don't worry I held SO still), the lovely doctor said my spleen and colon are inflamed because I have mono.

Which also explains why my right throat gland thing is the size of a golf ball.

Now I know that I have a spleen, I know exactly where it is, and I'm going to make it so happy it will be working for me without a peep for the rest of my non-senility.

I have to say though, I like my spleen an awful lot. It has saved my life and never even let me get worried for 22 years. That's pretty stinking awesome.

p.s. Tommy is my favorite husband ever. Yes, this includes every possible man I could have ever married. Even Gideon I cannot even begin to list all of the things he has done for me while I've been a sick blob. True love nakies. I'm slowly figuring it out, and caring for sick blobs for days and days because you love them is definitely a beautiful piece of the puzzle.

p.p.s. I ate a 10 lbs. watermelon to make my spleen happy. Try it, it works. Plus it's delicious.

1 comment:

Windy Dawn said...

Yikes! I'm sorry you are sick, but Tommy is a great guy to have taking care of you. I hope you are feeling better soon.